Gynemed Mineral Oil
Introducing GM501 Mineral Oil
- 18 month shelf life
- Pre-washed twice with ultrapure water
- Stabilize media pH during IVF, ICSI and related assisted reproductive procedures
- Prevents evaporation
- A Certificate of Analysis for each batch is available on our website.
- Available in 100ml and 500ml sizes
GM501 Indications for Use
GM501 Mineral Oil is intended for use as an overlay for culture of gametes, zygotes, or embryos in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) and micro-manipulation procedures.
The oil is a pre-washed, ready-to-use, light mineral oil for use with media in IVF, ICSI and related assisted reproduction procedures. The oil is pre-washed twice with ultrapure water and may be used to coat culture dishes and flasks and as an overlay for media droplets, thereby preventing evaporation and stabilizing pH and temperature.
Instructions for Use
- GM501 Mineral Oil is a pre-washed, ready-to-use oil. No pre-mixing or further preparations are required.
- Prepare dishes and flasks with GM501 Mineral Oil and incubate at 37°C for 5 hours prior to use.
- Overlay the culture media with micro drops of GM501 Mineral Oil until completely covered.
- Any laboratory procedures described herein are recommendations only. Each laboratory must establish and validate its own procedures for media preparation and use.
Pharmaceutical Grade Mineral (Paraffin) Oil
- CAS Code: 8042-47-5
- EP Monograph: 0240
|Density (g/ml)||0.83 - 0.86|
|Viscosity (at 30°C/cP)||< 30|
|Sterility (sterile/SAL 10-3)||No Growth|
|Endotoxins (LAL, EU/ml)||< 0.25|
|1-Cell MEA||≥ 80% blastocysts at 120h exposure|
|Peroxide Value (POV) (mEq/kg)||< 0.10|
|Part #||Size||Storage||Shelf Life*|
|4 MO 100||1 x 100ml||15 - 25°C||18 months|
|4 MO 500||1 x 500ml||15 - 25°C||18 months|