- Ready to use
- CO2 incubation not required
- HEPES (21mM) and bicarbonate buffered
- Suitable for washing, swim-up and density gradient centrifugation
- For handling of testicular tissue
- Contains Gentamicin (10 mg/liter) and Phenol Red
- Includes highest available purity (Ph. Eu./USP) Human Serum Albumin (5.00 g/liter)
- Can be used safely for up to 7 days after opening when stored at 2 - 8°C and sterile conditions are maintained
- A Certificate of Analysis for each batch is available at hamiltonthorne.com.
GM501 SpermAir Intended Use
GM501 SpermAir is intended for the handling and preparation of sperm for use in assisted reproduction procedures. GM501 SpermAir is not intended for use in intrauterine insemination (IUI) procedures.
GM501 SpermAir is a ready-to-use medium designed for sperm washing, swim up techniques and density gradient centrifugation, as well as for testicular tissue.
GM501 SpermAir Instructions for Use
- Warm to 37°C prior to use. GM501 SpermAir is HEPES buffered thus incubation in a CO2-incubator will lower the pH.
- Any laboratory procedures described herein are recommendations only. Each laboratory must establish and validate its own procedures for preparation and use.
GM501 SpermAir Composition
- NaCl, KCl, KH2PO4, MgSO4 CaCl2
- Bicarbonate, HEPES, EDTA
- Glucose, Lactate, Pyruvate
- Non-essential and essential Amino Acids, Alanyl-Glutamine
- Human Serum Albumin, Gentamicin, Phenol Red
GM501 SpermAir Specifications
|pH (at 37°C, 6%CO2)||7.20 - 7.50|
|Osmolality (mOsm/kg)||270 - 290|
|Sterility (sterile/SAL 10-3)||No Growth|
|Endotoxins (LAL, EU/ml)||< 0.25|
|Human Sperm Survival Assy (HSSA)||≥ 80% of Control Motility at 24h|
GM501 SpermAir Order Codes
|Part #||Size||Storage||Shelf Life*|
|4 GM501AIR+PR+G-20||1 x 20ml||2 - 8°C||6 months|
|4 GM501AIR+PR+G-50||1 x 50ml||2 - 8°C||6 months|
|* From the date of manufacture|